The following are some common autism benefits covered by Blue Cross:
- ABA therapy
- Occupational, speech, and physical therapy
- Nutritional counseling
Some services may be covered or partially covered depending on your individual coverage plan. Certain employers have the ability to personalize the programs they provide. They may alter which autism benefits are included in a plan. As a result, the most important thing to do before acquiring services is to check your insurance coverage.
A request for ABA services for members must be reported to Blue Cross Blue Shield by all providers acting on behalf of the member. The first step in the pre-authorization procedure will be to confirm if:
- Member has been diagnosed with autism by a certified diagnostician.
- The provider is qualified to provide ABA services.
- The member has ABA benefit coverage.
- The initial therapy plan meets medical necessity.
Songbird provides life-changing autism care with insurance coverage from 100+ insurance companies. Reach out today to check your insurance coverage with Songbird
With a deeply passionate team and innovative technology, Songbird is building a world where every child can access world-class care at home, uniquely tailored to them.