Benefits of Aetna's behavioral therapy coverage plans
The many benefits of Aetna's ABA therapy plan include:
- For mental health solutions, ABA is already on the Aetna® precertification registry.
- Speech-language pathologists' speech, language, and total communication evaluations are included in Aetna's autism-specific developmental evaluations.
- Aetna offers enhanced accountability in drafting guidelines, including the addition of a references section.
- Aetna's insurance criteria and suggestions are constantly updated to reflect the latest evidence-based research.
- The provider emphasizes objective and standardized performance indicators.
- A limitation includes; some Aetna policies do not cover educational services, for instance, speech therapy or ABA therapies in the classroom, could be eliminated.
According to studies, approximately half of children diagnosed with autism, who get ABA therapy before the age of four have a considerable improvement in their IQ, language abilities, and social functioning. As a result, it is critical to recognize autism characteristics early and begin ABA therapy as soon as possible.
Aetna maintains to adopt the American Medical Association's (AMA) Current Procedural Terminology®) values for adaptive behavior therapy despite changing standards and laws surrounding insurance coverage for children with autism.
Songbird provides life-changing autism care with insurance coverage from 100+ insurance companies. Reach out today to check your insurance coverage with Songbird
With a deeply passionate team and innovative technology, we’re building a world where every child can access world-class care at home, uniquely tailored to them.