Benefits of Medi-cal's behavioral therapy coverage plans
- If the family’s primary insurance plan does not cover ABA, beneficiaries will need a refusal letter from their insurance carrier to use the Medi-cal plan.
- At Medi-cal, the state and federal governments split the cost of the insurance cover.
- BHT services will be provided to children with fee-for-service Medi-cal through their local regional center.
- A professional physician or psychologist provides the diagnosis
- A Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) develops the individualized treatment plan.
- The insurance provider will engage with members and communicate directly with their physicians through their comprehensive case management framework to coordinate therapy and services for high-risk members.
- The Medi-cal recipients have their care navigator, a customer support specialist, a free 24-hour nurse support line, health programs, a caseworker, and other services are available.
You will need to produce a written diagnosis from a medical doctor, psychologist, or psychiatrist that contains a referral for ABA therapy to be authorized by Medi-cal.
Songbird provides life-changing autism care with insurance coverage from 100+ insurance companies. Reach out today to check your insurance coverage with Songbird
With a deeply passionate team and innovative technology, we’re building a world where every child can access world-class care at home, uniquely tailored to them.