What services are covered?
- Initial assessments and reassessments to evaluate the client’s skill sets/deficits and behaviors
- Development of individualized treatment plan by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- One-on-one intensive ABA services.
- Parent and caregiver training for consistency and generalization
- Modifications and updates to the treatment plan based on the client’s progress
How to be eligible for Tricare ABA coverage?
Tricare covers ABA therapy if:
- Your child is diagnosed with autism by an approved provider (MD, psychologist, psychiatrist).
- You must have a referral to the Tricare Autism Care Demonstration. This must be renewed every 2 years.
- You have pre-authorization for all ABA services. This authorization is only valid for six months, after which you need to renew it. This will come from your MD, psychologist or psychiatrist.
If you are an active-duty personnel, you must also be enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) and the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO) to qualify for the ABA services.
Songbird provides life-changing autism care insurance coverage from 100+ insurance companies. Reach out today to check your insurance coverage with Songbird
With a deeply passionate team and innovative technology, we’re building a world where every child can access world-class care at home, uniquely tailored to them.